Follow or Contact Yerachmiel LopinTwitter: @frumfollies FaceBook: facebook.com/yerachmiel.lopin Send private email to: yerachmiel.lopin@Facebook.com
Search Frum Follies
- Antisemitism, Real and False
- The Condition of the Kids in Shlomo Helbrans’ Lev Tahor
- Will Kellner Sue the Forward?
- We Have to Clean Up the Glut of Wrongful Convictions
- Matchmaking Fail — Hitler and a Jewish Woman
- Kiddush Insurance, Anyone?
- How the Rabbis In Chelm Solved the Problem of the Stolen Money
- Rabbi, Have You Ever Written a Letter on Behalf of a Victim?
- Dr Pelcovitz, Child Pornography Is Not a Victimless Crime!
- A Survivor Asks David Pelcovitz to Stop Writing Letters for Abusers
- Question of the Day About Teshuvah
- Kids Were Endangered If Pelcovitz Letter Shortened Evan Zauder’s Sex Crimes Sentence
- Pelcovitz Supporter, David Morris, Asks Him to Apologize for His Evan Zauder Sentencing Letter
- The Height of Chutzpah
- Parody/Satire: OU Announces Hasgochah on Cattle Prods and Duct Tape
- Feivish Brief on Antisemitism, Real and False
- chashdan on Weinberger Conceded His Guilt and Promised to Quit the Rabbinate in December
- 5t resident on Weinberger Conceded His Guilt and Promised to Quit the Rabbinate in December
- Joe on Weinberger Conceded His Guilt and Promised to Quit the Rabbinate in December
- Yerachmiel Lopin on Antisemitism, Real and False
- chashdan on Kiddush Insurance, Anyone?
- Sigmund on Kiddush Insurance, Anyone?
- Eli on Antisemitism, Real and False
- Yerachmiel Lopin on Antisemitism, Real and False
- Dorron Katzin on Antisemitism, Real and False
Category Archives: Corruption
I am reposting this item which first appeared about a half a year ago in honor of Rabbi Yisroel Belsky who has been in the news lately and in honor of April fool’s day. News special to The Jewish Depress … Continue reading
Residents of the Five Towns and Far Rockaway upset with Rabbi Yisroel Belsky, one of the roshei yeshiva of Torah Vodaath, forced the last-minute “postponement” of a planned “Five Town Shabbos with the Roshei Yeshiva.” Some synagogues cancelled planned appearances. … Continue reading
I have updated my previous post, Five Towns Angry at Belsky Over His Defense of Disgraced Rabbi Weinberger with the following:
ArtScroll/Mesorah, the most important ultra-orthodox Jewish publisher, has stopped selling a number of titles by Rabbi Dovid Weinberger in the aftermath of a scandal involving alleged misconduct with women. They continue to sell his Women’s Siddur and Rabbi Nissan Alpert … Continue reading
I am reposting this year-old item (5/26/13) about the 2013 Doheney Kosher Meats scandal in LA from the Frum Follies archives because because the Passover season’s kosher concerns are upon us and Belsky is again in the news, this time … Continue reading
As I reported on 2/27/14, rabbis in New York’s Five Towns and Far Rockaway (5T/FR) took the unprecedented step of collectively denouncing a long-time, local colleague, Rabbi Dovid Weinberger, as unfit to work in the rabbinate because of his sexual … Continue reading
During the Weberman trial four men were arrested and three were charged with photographing the victim testifying against him. One of the three under indictment was Lemon Juice, a name he legally adopted. He was known to the victim’s circle … Continue reading
When I first posted this article, Lebovits was freshly convicted. Thanks to prosecutorial incompetence or worse, and maneuvering by Lebovits to get Sam Kellner arrested, the conviction was overturned and Lebovits is due for a retrial. Sam Kellner has been … Continue reading
Rabbi Mordechai Betzalel Klein of Lakewood issued a pidyon shvuyim appeal on behalf of Yosef Kolko. He doesn’t actually name Kolko who is serving a 15-year sentence for molesting a teen boy, but the phone number in the notice belongs … Continue reading
From the Frum Follies Archives. First appeared on 10/25/09. I am re-posting for my readers bcause we are approaching Purim and we are tired of the dreary true life stories of scandal in the world of kosher certification, such as How … Continue reading
Note by Yerachmiel Lopin: Below is a re-post of something I wrote about Rabbi Dovid Weinberger on November 4, 2009. At the time he was defending his synagogue’s decision to host a rebbe whose Hasidim had thrown rocks at police … Continue reading
The New York Jewish Week reports that the Brooklyn DA continues to delay the dismissal of charges against Samuel (Sam) Kellner. This is happening in spite of the DA’s views on the matter bolstered by a great deal of additional … Continue reading
When I first posted this article, Lebovits was freshly convicted. Thanks to prosecutorial incompetence or worse, and maneuvering by Lebovits to get Sam Kellner arrested, the conviction was overturned and Lebovits is due for a retrial. Regardless of the outcome … Continue reading
When the Satmar Rebbe of Kiryas Joel (Aaron Teitelbaum) goes to Jerusalem next week, he will spend one night sleeping in the home of one Aher (sic) Lev. According to The Jewish Press (quoting the Hebrew language source Kikar Shabbat), … Continue reading
Back in 2006, Yitzchok Adlerstein gushed, “After more than a week in Los Angeles, the Skvere Rebbe’s entourage left town today, having bested Hollywood on its home turf. In Hollywood, props are important. If you are doing street processions, cars … Continue reading
Lev Tahor claims to be even more religiously rigorous than most other Hasidim with even more stringent modesty codes for their women. They are so extreme that other Hasidim mock them as “Taliban.” Most ultra orthodox groups impose either bans … Continue reading
The cult enclave of the Skvere Rebbe (David Twersky), the incorporated New York State Village of New Square, likes to brag about their hospitality and kindness (chesed). This is often invoked to mitigate their off-putting habits like torching their dissidents, … Continue reading
The Jewish news website, Vos Iz Neias (VIN) just posted the headline “DA Thompson Names Sender To Manage Jewish Affairs.” They go on to report: [Wolf Sender will] oversee Jewish affairs in Kings County…… “I will be working with the … Continue reading
Under Charles J. Hynes, Lance P. Ogiste, was Counsel to the District Attorney of Brooklyn and the third best paid member of their staff. In 2012 Hynes even got the New York Bar Association to award him the Thomas E … Continue reading
The Skvere Rebbe, Rabbi David (Dovid) Twersky, will be coming to Chicago on February 20 to spend a week dispensing his pearls of wisdom and graciously accepting donations. The Rebbe needs this money for himself and his Hasidim because: The … Continue reading