Emanuel Yegutkin is now in the second day of his trial before Judge D. Riviezzo, in Kings County Supreme Court, Part 14 (case # 00902-2009).
According to the Daily News, of January 26, 2009, “Two teenage boys told cops they endured years of sexual abuse at the hands of a Brooklyn high school principal, … Emanuel Yegutkin, 30, [who] was suspended … from Elite High School, a private Jewish school in Bensonhurst with mainly Russian-American students. Yegutkin forced a 17-year-old into lewd sex acts from the age of 7 to 14, cops said. He subjected a 19-year-old to five years of fondling, beginning when the teen was 12, police said.”
According to Hella Winston of the Jewish Week, “According to several sources close to Ohel, Yegutkin — who also worked as a camp counselor and volunteer Hatzolah medic — had been seen at Ohel for this issue prior to his arrest, apparently referred there by a rabbi in the community.”
Yegutkin’s trial started yesterday, October 15. I am awaiting reports from those attending the trial.
It is scandalous that a man like this is out on bail for almost 4 years awaiting trial.
I shudder to think of the needless pain to his victims who are waiting for justice. These long windows aren’t just painful to victims; they create additional opportunities for those who would intimidate witnesses.
[Update 10-16-12, 4 pm] Yesterday and today were taken up with motions. Jury selection starts tomorrow, Wed 10/17/12 at 9 am]