There is a Wikipedia entry, Sexual Abuse Cases in Brooklyn’s Haredi Community. It reads like a propaganda puff piece generated by employees of Brooklyn’s District Attorney, Charles J Hynes. Conspicuously missing from the entry are:
- The failed Mondrowitz extradition, the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) lawsuits by Michael Lesher to uncover that failure, and the DA’s refusal to comply with court ordered disclosures
- The NY Times‘ reports about the DA’s deceptive claims about the success of his Kol Tzedek program for increasing prosecutions of ultra orthodox molesters
- NY Mayor Michael Bloomberg‘s criticizing Hynes for concealing the names of indicted ultra orthodox molesters (and similar criticism by ex-mayor Koch)
- The sweetheart plea bargain with an alleged notorious serial child molester, Rabbi Yehuda Kolko, that left him off the sex offender registry, kept him out of jai,l and only slapped him with a misdemeanor
- The fumbled Baruch (Mordechai) Lebovits conviction that led to a retrial which still hasn’t happened. At the time of his conviction, the DA trumpeted it with a press conference
- The allegations that the arrest and indictment of Samuel Kellner were done at the behest of Lebovits’ cousin, the powerful Satmar power broker Moshe (Gabbai) Friedman, to undermine the Lebovits conviction and retrial.
I can think of no one but the DA who would be interested in constructing a page with exactly these contents and exclusions.
We need some dedicated Wikipedia editors to undertake repair work on this page. It will be interesting to see what happens as the corrections pour in. If anyone wants to undertake the effort I would be glad to give him or her detailed information to make this task manageable. Any volunteers? Please contact me at email@example.com.