This case is just another headache for the orthodox Jewish Hasidic community. For a community that invests so much effort in its girls maintaining modesty it is the men of the Satmar Hasidim that seem to be getting into so much trouble with sex.Mary Murphy WPIX-11 TV broadcast about arrest of 33 year old Rabbi Yoel Malik, Rosh Yeshiva of Ohr Hameir after his arrest on charges of sexual activity with 3 boys (14-16 years old) in sleazy motels with porn.
A few things stand out about this case:
- There are videos and other records proving that Rabbi Malik took teen boys to a motels featuring hard core porn. Pretty incriminating.
- Someone had the good sense to call a rape crisis center which in turn called the police. A call from a rape crisis center cannot be ignored by the police because if the police fall short, there will be a record on the other end. If the victim had called Kol Tzedek or even certain police precinct houses in NYC there might not have been quick movement to investigate and arrest. If there had been any delays in reporting because of asking a rabbi or dealing with go-slow Kol Tzedek (also known as Kol Sheker) the video record might have been recorded over.
- Yossi Gestetner, chief Satmar pervert PR guy will not be able to use some of his favorite lines about Weberman. He won’t be able to say:
- There was only one witness
- The defendant is not a rabbi
- There are no videos
- Nevertheless, you can be sure that Yossi Gestetner will stick to his pre-trial script:
- In America we have a concept, innocent till proven guilty
- False accusations are our biggest problem because the innocent guy is damaged
- The accuser is disreputable and not to be trusted.
- After the trial he will challenge the conduct of the prosecution and the bias of the media and the criminal justice system.