Rabbi Michael Broyde or one his supporters (perhaps Keter or Goldwasser 😉 ) created a FaceBook page, Support Rabbi Broyde. While making a show of welcoming open debate the page owner deleted my comment because it was too challenging. I feel complimented to be placed alongside the obvious target of the page, Steven I Weiss, who exposed Broyde’s duplicity. Before I share my deleted comment, I want to encourage anyone else worried about their comments being deleted to place a copy of their comment here.
The questions they deleted were:
- “Support Rabbi Broyde” can you answer one way or the other whether in fact you are Rabbi Broyde?
- If you give us an answer that is later found to be false, will you invoke your constitutional rights and the precedent of the Federalist Papers?
- I realize Rabbi Broyde has privacy rights. But can you or Rabbi Broyde tell us how many pseudonyms Rabbi Broyde has used over the years?
- If you feel that questions goes too far, could you tell us how many other of your inventions did the real Rabbi Broyde claim to know?
- Can you tell us how many of your inventions said good things about you as if they weren’t you?
- Can you tell us whether your announced tshuvah has or will include directly contacting anyone you deceived in ways similar to your deception with the fictional “Rabbi Goldwasser.”